As it has to come to the notice of the organization that many people, despite they have registered themselves on ‘Do Not Disturb Registry’ a facility provided by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to prevent Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing, they receive the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls from the private mobile numbers who are employed by the third party call centers and are given only tasks to make advertisements for banks, telecom companies, insurance companies etc.
However many people do not know that the the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has already provided a remedy by using through the aggrieved person can punish the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller and ban his number permanently within 9 days!
Menace of the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls-
It is obvious that Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls cause extreme mental harassment to the people receiving such calls, many times people attend such calls leaving their important meetings, breaking afternoon naps or even obstructing the hospital hours!
Now coming to the point of Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls, need of hour is to inform about the strongest remedy which is already available to each and every citizen of India, yet unfortunately because of the traditional ignorance of the people of law, the private unregistered telemarketers take benefit and show no fear when people warn them about taking strict legal actions against the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls made by them.
Ignorance of the Common People about Strong Laws & Legal Remedies-
Instead such Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing callers shamelessly & without any fear challenge the common people rudely to take the legal action against them. Many people thinking (false assumption though) that for taking legal action against such telemarketers they would have to hire lawyer, attend courts frequently & run pillars to post, do not take action at all thereby making such culprits more and more arrogant and disobedient.
As above mentioned, traditional ignorance of the law of the people of our country plays a huge role in failure to curb this menace of Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls. The surprising fact is that government has already provided a remedy which allows a person sitting at home and simply by making a call or SMS to put a permanent ban upon such a Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller’s number & that too within a period of 9 days! Yes you read right! Please Read Following Paras-
Remedy’s FIRST Part- Register Yourself on DND-
To ban a unregistered telemarketer or Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller’s number whether it is mobile/landline permanently, Firstly people have to register themselves on the Do Not Disturb Registry as prescribed by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). This can be done in two ways as follows-
1) By sending SMS ‘START 0’ TO 1909 or
2) By calling the toll free number 1909 directly.
(That sending ‘START 0’ would register your number in Fully Blocked Category, i.e. as per the law no telemarketer is allowed to make you any call for marketing purpose in whatsoever manner, which most of the people want obviously, after the registration to Fully Blocked Category, all the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls should stop within 7 days automatically, the telemarketing calls made thereafter become illegal and action can be taken against it as mentioned below).
*Must Read- Most Important Part of the Remedy above mentioned*
TRAI Remedy of Permanently banning the mobile/landline number of the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller within 9 days!–
It is obvious that most of the people are aware about registration to DND registry above mentioned, yet they keep getting the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls especially from –
Private Mobile/Landline Numbers.
Under these circumstances please follow the remedy given below which should ban the mobile/landline number of the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller permanently withing 7 days. This can further be done in 2 ways as follows-
1) By Calling 1909-
The customer of any telecom operating company can register a complaint with his service provider within 3 days of receipt of such Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Call by calling 1909 & giving all the details to the customer care executive about Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller. The customer care executive of your company is legally bound to lodge a complaint & must provide you the docket number after noting down all the details.
2) (Easiest Method) By sending an SMS in following format- The customer of any telecom operating company can register a complaint with his service provider within 3 days of receipt of such Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls by sending SMS to 1909 in following format- For complaint through SMS, customer has to send SMS ”the unsolicited commercial communication, XXXXXXXXXX,dd/mm/yy” to 1909. Where XXXXXXXXXX – is the telephone number or header of the SMS, from which the Unsolicited Telemarketing Call has originated.
Remember complaint has to be filed within 3 days after the receipt of such Unsolicited Telemarketing Call (UTC). The complaint may be filed after the expiry of this prescribed time limit by calling the 1909 helpline, yet it is advised that the people should file a complaint either through call or SMS facility within 3 days of the receipt of such Unsolicited Telemarketing Calls.
After the filing of the complaint either through call or SMS- Service Provider will take action on complaint and inform the complainant action taken report within 9 days of lodging of the complaint at any cost failure to so so may result in strict punitive action against the telecom company of the customer.
Does it really work?
Check my own experience-TRAI Remedy to Stop & Ban Promotional Telemarketing Caller in 9 days-
I got an Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Calls from +916386799398 number recently on 30.05.2018 who identified himself as Vodafone caller & despite bringing to his knowledge that i am DND customer & can take legal action against him, the Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller challenged me to block his number! What happened thereafter can be seen through the image attached below-
See? Isn’t that simple? by simply sending an SMS to 1909, the private number of Unsolicited Promotional Telemarketing Caller got permanently banned within around a week!
Imagine if people start doing this at larger scale, it would cause huge financial loss to the companies and third party call centers who have conspired to promote their company in such illegal fashion violating the statutory & constitutional rights of the people.
Please don’t forget to like, share this article & also join our movement against the corrupt system on Twitter & Facebook Pages as below–
Founder President-Bharatiya Krantikari Sangathan
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) TRAI Remedy to Stop, Ban & Punish the Promotional Telemarketing Caller within 9 days
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Maharashtra State Commission for Women- Complaint Mechanism, Powers & Address
13) Address of Police Complaints Authority of Maharashtra, Pune & Navi Mumbai
14) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
15) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
16) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005
17) MSEB Rectifies Wrong Electricity Bill Of Rs.14110 to Rs.310/- Fearing Legal Action
Categories: Legal Remedies (English)