In yet another shocking incident, Amanora school (Hadapsar, Pune) administration has expelled hundreds of students over dispute of payment of fee issue with the parents. The leaving certificates of students have been sent through postal mode to hundred of parents of the school. The more shocking fact is that the parents today were present before the Education Minister Mr.Vinod Tawde’s office to get the update about his assured action taken report against the school management and at the same time they were informed about the issuance of leaving certificates without any demand from the parents.
Explaining about the issue, Mr.Dheeraj Gedam said, ‘We have been raising the issues against illegalities committed by the school management in fixing the fees of previous academic years. The education department has also confirmed the illegalities committed by the school management in their various reports & even the proposal of the cancellation of the No Objection Certificate (NOC) has been submitted to the higher authorities since past many months. In spite of these facts the education department mere has remained mute spectator thereafter and hence the school management has taken benefit of their indifference time to time’.
‘Accordingly we recently met Education Minister Mr.Vinod Tawde at the Mantralay on 1st of March 2019. Even the representatives of the school management were present in the meeting. Accordingly Mr.Tawde had assured us that he would soon issue the appropriate direction for the fixation of the fees as the same was declared illegal by the education department itself. He also had instructed the school management not to harass or expel the children at any cost over the fee dispute. Hence today we visited his office to ask about the development about the action taken report assured by him and shockingly at the same time we came to know the fact that the school management has expelled our children and issued the leaving certificates without our demand.’ Added Mr.Gedam.
The facts we have observed after examining the documents provided by the parents are as follows-
The education department has confirmed in their various reports that the school management has violated the provisions of the Maharashtra Educational Institutions Regulation of Fee Act 2011 in fixation of the fees and hence recommendations for strong actions against the school management have been made.
Also the school has been found guilty of violating the provisions of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 and hence action under S.18 is also recommended against the school management.
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) TRAI Remedy to Stop, Ban & Punish the Promotional Telemarketing Caller within 9 days
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Maharashtra State Commission for Women- Complaint Mechanism, Powers & Address
13) Address of Police Complaints Authority of Maharashtra, Pune & Navi Mumbai
14) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
15) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
16) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005