In a major relief to hundreds of parents of Gujarat & indirectly to crores of parents of India fighting against commercialization of education & illegal fee hike by the private schools, the Supreme Court has directed the private schools of Gujarat to charge the fees as fixed by the Fee Regulatory Committee (FRC) & also to revoke the Leaving Certificates issued to the children over non payment of hiked fee which parents alleged are in violation of the Fee Regulation Committee formed under the The Gujarat Self Financed Schools (Regulation of Fees) Act, 2017.
Earlier the Supreme Court had directed around 1800 schools of Gujarat to submit the proposals to the Fee Regulation Committee (FRC) formed under The Gujarat Self Financed Schools (Regulation of Fees) Act, 2017 & had further confirmed the right of the state government to take appropriate action for non submission of the proposals by the schools to the Fee Regulatory Committee (FRC) of Gujarat.
The copy of the order of the Supreme Court above mentioned can be downloaded from the following link-
Special Leave to Appeal 314/2018- Charge Fees as Per FRC & Readmit the Expelled Children-Supreme Court.Pdf
Whereas the important part of the interim order of the Supreme Court order is as follows-
How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
The salient features of the interim order of the Supreme Court above mentioned are as follows-
1) The schools cannot charge the fees in violation of the fees fixed by the Fee Regulatory Committee (FRC) formed under the The Gujarat Self Financed Schools (Regulation of Fees) Act, 2017.
2) The Global Indian International School will have to readmit the expelled children over fee issue row meaning thereby other schools of the State of Gujarat who have expelled the children over the same issue will have to readmit the children.
3) The schools shall not demand any fees in excess of the fees fixed by the Fee Regulatory Committee (FRC) till the next hearing likely to be held in August 2019.
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) TRAI Remedy to Stop, Ban & Punish the Promotional Telemarketing Caller within 9 days
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Electricity Act 2003- Remedy against Wrong & Excessive Electricity Bills
11) How To File Online RTI Application & First Appeal at State of Maharashtra
12) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
13) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
14) Maharashtra State Commission for Women- Complaint Mechanism, Powers & Address
15) Address of Police Complaints Authority of Maharashtra, Pune & Navi Mumbai
16) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
17) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
18) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005