Parents from 8 States file petition before Supreme Court for fee waiver, fee fixation and online education guidelines- The parents of eight states have collectively filed the writ petition before the Supreme Court for the fee waiver (Diary No.13366/2020) during the Lockdown period, guidelines related to the fee fixation and online education of the schools.
The parents have sought the intervention of the Supreme Court in following matters with prayers-
1) To waive off the fees for the Lockdown period as the schools did not bear heavy charges for their administration during the lockdown period,
2) Not to expel any child for the recovery of the fee issue,
3) Not to allow the schools to conduct the offline classes till the vaccine for the Covid-19 is available or it becomes non-fatal for the children,
4) To direct the state governments to formulate the guidelines for the online education considering the adverse impact of online education Viz. back pain, eye strain over the child & also consider that children may be exposed to cyber crimes, sexual exploitation, extortion etc with access to digital devices with an internet facility.
5) Instead of allowing the schools to not to hike the fees & charge previous year’s fees, the fees must be charged based in consideration of the actual cost borne by them in the current academic year as the expenditure of the current academic year shall be minimal etc.
The writ petition has been filed by Mr.Sushil Sharma (Rajasthan), Dr.Gagan Raut (Odisha), Mr.Varun Khanna (Punjab), Mr.Gaurav Barot (Gujarat), Mr.Kailash Chand (Haryana), Mr.Arif Khan (Uttarakhand), Mr.Attul Raheja (Delhi), Mr.Prasad Tulaskar, Mr.Rajesh Badnakhe & Mr.Sanjay Joshi (All from Maharashtra).