*All the Advertisements Posted on this Website are Supervised by Our Legal Team & are duly Authorized by all the concerned Brands & are Safe to Visit!
Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005-Taking the strong note of the detriment suffered by the Right to Information Applicant, The State Information Commission of Haryana has directed the Public Information Officer of the Haryana Education Department to Pay Rs.4000/- as a compensation under Section 19(8) (b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
The Education Activist Mr.Narender Munjal, resident of Faridabad had filed the application under the RTI Act 2005 on 26.05.2017 seeking the information regarding temporary recognition of some particular schools and correspondence in this regard with the Haryana Board of School Education between 2001 to 2016. However suffering the traditional ignorance of the education department to provide the information, Mr.Narender Gunjal filed the second appeal before the State Information Commissioner, Haryana.
Explaining this issue further Mr.Narender Munjal Said ‘Pursuant to filing of my second appeal, the SIC during the hearing passed the order on 11.10.2018 allowing me the inspection of the document. However when i went the office of the Public Information Officer located at Bhivani for the actual inspection, i was shockingly informed that the documents are not available for the inspection. Accordingly i filed the complaint before the SIC again which took the immediate cognizance and directed the compensation of Rs.4000/- to me’.
‘In this matter one respondent public information officer has thus been punished, yet i will be filing the additional complaint against the another public information officer who is second respondent party in this matter.’ added Mr.Munjal.
Legal Provision- Section 19(8)(b) of The Right To Information Act, 2005 read as follows-‘(b) require the public authority to compensate the complainant for any loss or other detriment suffered’.
This order has yet again proved the fact that though facing some delay if people keep persistency till the end, they may get justice against the corrupt and inefficient system in due course of time.
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) Remedy to Stop & Ban Promotional Telemarketing Caller in 9 days-TRAI Facility7
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
13) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
14) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005
Categories: BKS News (English)