The organization has already published a detailed article about how after the historic intervention of the Supreme Court of India in the year 2006, all the central as well as state governments were directed to establish the Police Complaints Authority at the district as well as state levels under the chairmanship of the retired district and high court judges respectively.
The link of the article above mentioned is as follows-
Police Complaints Authority- Legal Remedy Against Corrupt & Inefficient Police
Further we have also published the article for the common people to how to file a case in person or without lawyer for inevitable reasons as follows-
How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
As explained in the detailed article above mentioned the failure to comply the direction of the Supreme Court of India of not setting up the Police Complaints Authority is to be construed as the contempt of the court. The State of Maharashtra fearing the contempt proceedings in one of the contempt petition established the Police Complaints Authority at the state level and few other districts of the state. However the it has not established the Police Complaints Authority in other districts yet.
We appeal the people of the state to file complaints and ask the local MLA’s for the failure of the state government in this regard. The organization is also preparing its legal strategy against the willful inactiveness of the state government.
However in the view of the facts above mentioned, we are publishing the present addresses of the Police Complaints Authorities in the State of Maharashtra. We thank Mr.Prasad Tulaskar, social activist from Mumbai for providing us this information.
Address of Police Complaints Authorities- (State of Maharashtra)-
1) Maharashtra State Police Complaints Authority-
4th Floor, Cooperage Telephone Exchange,
Maharshee Karve Road, Nariman Point, Mumbai- 40021
2) Divisional Police Complaints Authority, Pune Division
1 St Floor, Anant Heights, Jadhav Nagar,
Next to Nanded City, S.No- 29/219
Sinhagad Road, Pune-411068
3) Divisional Police Complaints Authority, Konkan Division
Sector 17, Pali Road, Kalamboli Police Headquarters,
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) Remedy to Stop & Ban Promotional Telemarketing Caller in 9 days-TRAI Facility7
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
13) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
14) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005