Hutchings School Parents Win ‘Held Back’ Students promoted to regular classes.The parents of the Hutchings High School, Pune have reason to celebrate as their ‘Held Back’ children have been promoted to their regular classes after the parents fought for their rights with the support of the media & social organizations.
The parents’ grievance was that though The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 puts an absolute bar on ‘Holding Back’ any student for whatsoever reason till his elementary education is completed, on the other hand the Hutchings High School, Pune had taken the stand that the RTE Act 2009 is not applicable to them being a minority institution & for maintaining the ‘academic standards’ they have full right to hold back the ‘non performing’ students even if they have not completed their elementary education.
One of the many aggrieved parents from the Hutchings High School, Pune, Mr.Santosh Polkamwar, who had even launched 2 days hunger strike & whose son was held back from his regular classes and was not allowed to sit in his regular class, speaking to BKS, expressed his happiness and thanked the lawyer, media & social organizations who helped him throughout this movement against the reckless act of the institute. He mentioned that the school was adamant earlier and as a layman he had no idea about the laws and their provisions.
Accordingly legal help was provided to Mr.Polkamwar by Bharatiya Krantikari Sanghathan & Prajakta Pethkar Education Trust initially by providing him all the legal drafts & replies which proved the fact before the authorities that even the minority institutes are bound by the regulatory provisions of the RTE Act 2009 like ‘not holding back’ & ‘not to harass’ the child for whatsoever reasons. Even the ultimatums were issued to the concerned authorities to take immediate action of face criminal prosecution.
Finally the school management conducted an ‘examination’ which the students cleared in the first attempt and were accordingly promoted to their regular classes.
Later the protest movement was supported by many other education activists of the state like Mr.Prasad Tulaskar,Mr.Rajesh Badnakhe, Mr.Suresh Jain, Mr.Mateen Mujawar of Shikshan Hakk Manch etc. The parents also thanked education minister Mr.Vinod Tawde as he had also intervened post parents protest & media reports against the school administration.
It could thus be seen that if the parents take basic precautions in their movement, by taking the legal helps first, approach media & social organizations timely, their issues can easily be solved without forcing them to waste their energies in prolonged legal battles. Jaihind!
Don’t forget to like, share this article & also join our movement against the corrupt system on Twitter & Facebook Pages as below–
Founder President-Bharatiya Krantikari Sangathan
You may be Lawyer, Doctor, Engineer or even an Artist, Turn Your Talent or Passion into Blogging by Building Your Own Website Without the Help of Professional Programmer With Unlimited Earning Options on WordPress which powers 30% of the world websites.
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) Remedy to Stop & Ban Promotional Telemarketing Caller in 9 days-TRAI Facility7
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
13) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
14) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005
15) Supreme Court-Question of Parent Teacher Committee’s Right to Approach DFRC Open
Categories: BKS News (English)