In yet another shocking development detrimental to lacs of parents of Maharashtra, the Maharashtra Assembly has refused to provide the information under the Right to Information ACT 2005 about the discussions, suggestions, proceedings & reply given by the Education Minister Shri.Vinod Tawde for the recent amendments approved before the legislative assembly of Maharashtra Education Institutions Regulation of Fee Act 2011. As explained by the organization earlier the amendments are detrimental to the interests of the parents & are extremely pro school as it requires 25% parents mandatory consent to make complaint against the school, recover interest for late fees etc.
The organization has published detailed articles about how the governments belonging to all the political parties have conspired since past 10 years to help private schools loot the parents and commercialize the education. The links of the articles are as follows-
Amendments to Weaken Fee Regulation Acts in Maharashtra since 2010-18
Amendment to weaken Maharashtra Educational Institutions Regulation of Fee Act 2011.
The education activist Shri.Prasad Tulaskar has again exposed the government under the Right to Information Act 2005. The secretary of the Maharashtra Legislative Secretariat has replied under Right to Information Act 2005 that the details of the proceedings, suggestions, discussions and reply given by the education minister Shri.Vinod Tawde cannot be given without the permission of the chairman of the legislative assembly.
Speaking about the issue, Mr.Prasad Tulaskar said ‘The Right to Information Act 2005 puts no such mandatory permission required for the general information. Instead our constitution heavily relies upon the principle of public participation in the law making process. Had it been information about some national or state security issue, i could have understood such permission, but what government is trying to hide by denying the information about the educational law amendments & its discussions by MLA’S & minister? I firmly believe as such information would expose the black face of the politicians hence they have denied me the same. Obviously i would be filing the appeal and other necessary proceedings against such arbitrary and reckless act by the government’.
The copy of the RTI application & reply received by Mr.Tulaskar from the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Secretariat is as follows-
The organization would be providing all the legal assistance to Mr.Prasad Tulaskar in this matter.
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) Remedy to Stop & Ban Promotional Telemarketing Caller in 9 days-TRAI Facility7
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
13) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
14) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005
15) Supreme Court-Question of Parent Teacher Committee’s Right to Approach DFRC Open