Using the legal awareness articles published by our organization related to electricity laws especially to consumer rights under The Electricity Act 2003, a senior citizen from remote village of Konkan area of State of Maharashtra has taught an errant Maharashtra State Electricity Board a lesson and successfully compelled them to immediately rectify the wrongful and excessive electricity bill of Rs.14100 to as low as Rs.310/-.
With our past experience and aim to provide legal awareness and proper strategy to common man to fight against corrupt system, we have been publishing legal awareness articles earlier, the links of few important articles are also given below this article. Out of these articles, the articles related to consumer rights under electricity laws published recently are as follows-
The Electricity Act 2003- Remedy against Wrong & Excessive Electricity Bills
The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
Explaining the issue, Mr.Gurunath Bandwalkar a resident of Dabholi Village in Konkan region of Maharashtra said, ‘I used to get average electricity bills around Rs.200/- for my home usages since past many months. In the current month also i expected it would be the same as there was not any extra electricity usage than average, however i was shocked to see the electricity bill amount at Rs.14100/- for current one month’s usage only. I visited the local Maharashtra State Electricity Board’s (MSEB) office where i got rude replies in addition to the warning to pay the bills immediately to avoid disconnection which caused me tremendous mental harassment’.
‘Accordingly i contacted my colleague and Mumbai based social activist Mr.Prasad Tulaskar who informed me about the ongoing legal awareness articles about electricity laws by Bharatiya Krantikari Sangathan. Thereafter i again went to office of the MSEB and explained S.56 of the Electricity Act which allows to pay the preceding 6 month’s average bill under protest to consumer in case of dispute and also warned them of criminal prosecution in case of disconnection for such wrongful bill. The officer in charge immediately rectified my electricity bill from Rs.14110/- to Rs.310’ Added Mr.Bandwalkar.
We have yet again proved the fact that if the common people of the country are provided legal awareness & well planned strategy, they are enough courageous to teach the corrupt system a permanent lesson. If this can happen like in present case in the remote village like Dabholi of Konkan region of Maharashtra, same can be achieved at other regions of the country too. It further gives us immense pleasure as the hard worked legal awareness articles have come useful for common people to fight against the corrupt system.
Please don’t forget to like, share this article & also join our movement against the corrupt system on Twitter & Facebook Pages as below–
Founder President-Bharatiya Krantikari Sangathan
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) TRAI Remedy to Stop, Ban & Punish the Promotional Telemarketing Caller within 9 days
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Maharashtra State Commission for Women- Complaint Mechanism, Powers & Address
13) Address of Police Complaints Authority of Maharashtra, Pune & Navi Mumbai
14) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
15) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
16) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005