The Government blocks Child Right Panel’s Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy- The Black Face of the Government of Maharashtra Exposed- The information under the Right to Information Act 2005 has exposed the black face of the government of Maharashtra as it has been revealed that even the Chief Minister’s Office along with the Women and Child Development Department has blocked the functioning of the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights by allowing appointment of only 4 posts out of 12 sanctioned by the government itself from past 4 years. Aggrieved with these state of affairs, Mr.Pravin Ghuge, chairman of the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights has taken an unprecedented move before few months issuing the legal notice against Mr.Sumeet Mallik, the Chief Secretary of State of Maharashtra.
The organization has been providing the legal assistance to the parents whose children have been inflicted punishments of expulsion from school, mental and physical harassment for demand and collection of illegal fees since past one year. In pursuance to this, few parents got success as their expelled children were readmitted to the schools and some schools even refunded the excessive fees taken from the parents. The headmistress of one school was also dismissed post such legal proceedings. The Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights had played important role in these proceedings. However immediately after these minor but important success incidents, all of sudden, the working of the commission has been stopped since past few months. The commission has literally not conducted any hearings in past 8-10 months with few exception. Accordingly the organization along with the education activist Mr.Prasad Tulaskar from Mumbai decided to investigate the causes of such inaction which has resulted into such shocking discovery.
‘Conspiracy’ by the Chief Minister’s Office & Women and Child Development Department Explained with Evidences-
As per the information received by Mr.Prasad Tulaskar from the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights itself, the following shocking information have been revealed-
1) The Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights which has been entrusted with the responsibility of the protection of the child rights of the children all over the Maharashtra, has been functioning with only 4 appointed staff than actual sanctioned 12 staff.
2) As per the written statement of the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights itself, the commission had earlier to carry the responsibilities under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act 2005 only but was later entrusted with additional responsibilities under the The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act 2012 & Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015. The Supreme Court of India also time to time has entrusted the commission with supervisory role in many matters & also directed the strengthening of the commission to the state governments. However in spite of these facts, the commission has mentioned in their written statement that the because of the inaction from the state government, the functioning of the commission has become practically impossible.
3) One of the most shocking fact revealed from the information provided by the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights is that only because the Administrative Officer is not appointed from many years, the commission has failed to realize the funds it has received from the international bodies like UNICEF! The State Government has not acted upon the repeated request from the commission over the years to appoint Administrative Officer whose signature was required to materialize such funds which resulted into loss of such funds ultimately! Even the funds for the ‘Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan’ failed to be realized for the inaction of the State Government. It is pertinent to note that while central government is spending hundreds of crore rupees on advertisement for ‘Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan’, the state government is not letting the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights to utilize such funds.
4) Few top officers appointed earlier did not bother to attend the hearing of the commission and got themselves transferred to other department.
5) Most Shocking- What could be explained as the worst development for any state government is that, as per the written statement made by the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights, aggrieved with the inaction of the state government to protect the child rights which include their protection of right to education and also serious rights of protection against the sexual offences, the Chairman of the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights, Mr.Pravin Ghuge has served legal notice to Mr.Sumeet Mallik, the Chief Secretary of the State of Maharashtra and has warned to take appropriate action or face legal consequences.
As the regular readers of our website are aware of the fact that we publish the article only after it is scrutinized by our legal team, the new users can read our previous articles by clicking on various tabs on home page including legal remedies for the common people.
The evidences of the facts above mentioned from the written statements of the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights itself are given as follows (As the complete set of document included 59 pages we are uploading important pages of the report as follows, the readers are requested to read caption below the images attached to get the information about the uploaded file briefly)-
If the government does not take immediate action for the smooth and efficient working of the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights, the organization would launch public protest and or legal proceedings before the appropriate court.
We request to maximum share this article so that the conspiracy of the government to block the functioning of the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights & hamper the protection of children’s fundamental rights including against prevention of and protection from the sexual offences is exposed. The links of our Facebook & Twitter accounts are given as follows-
Must Read-Legal Awareness Articles for Common Man as follows-
1) How to File Case Without Lawyer or In Person with Sample Draft
2) Legal Remedy & Complaints Against Police- State Police Complaint Authority
3) Case Laws against Illegal Fee Hike, Child Harassment & Expulsion by the Schools
4) How to get Central & State government’s Acts & Rules at One Place
5) How to Check CBSE Affiliation of the School
6) Getting Self Declaration & Audit Statement of School Under RTE Act 2009
7) Case laws & Legal Provisions against Child Harassment
8) Remedy to Stop & Ban Promotional Telemarketing Caller in 9 days-TRAI Facility7
9) The Electricity Act 2003- 15 Days Prior Written Notice Must for disconnecting Electricity
10) The Maharashtra Public Records Act 2005-Important Provisions
11) Implement G.R. banning Compulsion of Stationeries by Schools-Bombay High Court
12) Information Commissioner slaps fine under RTI Act 2005 to Education Ministry
13) The Government blocks Child Rights Panel Functioning With Pre-planned Conspiracy
14) Haryana Education Department Directed to Pay Rs.4000/- Compensation under RTI Act 2005
15) Supreme Court-Question of Parent Teacher Committee’s Right to Approach DFRC Open
Categories: BKS News (English)